52 men’s doubles were competing on the third day. The competition was very tight.
The semi-finals shared teams from Turkey (Önder Basak/Ilhan Asimoglu), France (Didier Boulle/Ludovic Bartout), Ukraine (Vadym Danyliuk/Vladyslav Ialovega) and Germany (Daniel Duda/Holger Vetter).
The German/Ukranian semi-final was a close call. Vadym Danyliuk had a difficult start and the German team was leading. But Danyliuk managed to turn the game around and in the end the Ukrainians won 509 to 490.
The Turkish-French semi-final was less close. Both teams weren’t in top shape but the French prevailed and proceeded to the final.
In the final the Ukrainian double clearly dominated and won the title.
Places 1 – 8
1. Vadym Danyliuk/Vladyslav Ialovega UKR
2. Didier Boulle/Ludovic Bartout FRA
3. Önder Basak/Ilhan Asimoglu TUR
3. Daniel Duda/Holger Vetter GER
5. Davide Sacchi/Nadir Tronchi ITA
6. Matthew Forsyth/Ray Lay GBR
7. Kevin Lindemann/Simon Wildenhayn GER
8. Aleksei Drozhbin/Vladimir Grigorev RUS